Marlow based Firefly Events, is running four open-air movie nights, set in the stunning scenery and rolling hills of Culden Faw estate, in nearby Hambleden. The perfect setting to enjoy under a film under the stars with friends and family, and they have lined up some cracking films:
- Friday 11 May, the 1980s classic, Pretty Woman, starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.
- Saturday 12 May, it will be The Breakfast Club – one of the first and best known “Brat Pack” films.
- Sunday 13 May IT (2017) should guarantee goosebumps and the hairs on the back of the audience’s neck to stand on end…
- Monday 14 May, Firefly will be screening the recent huge hit The Greatest Showman. This is the film’s release date for outdoor cinema, so it really is quite a coup.
*Win one of FOUR pairs of tickets in a MyMarlow exclusive competition!*
We are running a Facebook competition in conjunction with Firefly to win one of 4 pairs of tickets (Adult or child, Standard Admission – worth up to £30 per pair) to a film of your choice. There is one pair up for grabs for each film! Simply visit our Facebook page, find the post and follow the instructions.
Full Terms and Conditions at the end of this article.
Tickets are available via the Seetickets website
Adult tickets are £15 each, children are £7 each.
There are Premium tickets (£22) available which include a deckchair and also VIP tickets which are £30 and include a deluxe beanbag and a welcome drink.
Food, drink and seating
If you don’t pre-book beanbags or deckchairs, be sure to bring something to sit
on – be it a rug, a chair or whatever you fancy!
Each film will start around 9pm but the gates open at 7pm for all movie-goers to enjoy some music, tuck into some food and drinks and get settled down. Food options include The Bowler’s meat and veggie balls and Cuxham Mill will be there with their signature pulled lamb and homemade sausages in rolls.
There will be a bar serving a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks as well as cocktails and
mocktails from Tipsy Flamingo’s bespoke shiny silver aluminium mobile cocktail bar.
And as at any cinema, there will be a range of sweets, ice-cream and popcorn to satisfy your taste buds.
Firefly Events, based in Marlow, was set up last year by entrepreneurs Alice Collins, Andrea O’Hagan and Janis Prescott. Firefly Events specialises in pop-up cinema – indoor, outdoor and drive-in.
The company got off to a flying start last year, working with hotels, golf clubs, businesses – and most prominently in Marlow with The Gourmet Picture Company, during the pop-up cinema festival in December.
Alice Collins, Co-Founder of the business said “We’re delighted to be back in Hambleden for the second year and we’re increasing the number of films as it was so popular last year. We’re over the moon that we can show The Greatest Showman on its release date – this is a fantastic film that fans love to come back to watch again and again. Given they’ll be able to sing and dance along without worrying about disturbing other people in the audience, we’re sure there will be an amazing atmosphere.”
For details on Firefly, or for details on using them at your events visit www.fireflyevents.co.uk
Competition Terms and Conditions
- There are four prizes of two Standard Admission tickets (adult and/or child) worth up to £30 for each pair to be won.
- To enter simply like and comment under the post with your choice of film – either Pretty Woman, The Breakfast Club, IT or The Greatest Showman.
- Competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 on 28/04/17 and who are residents of the U.K.
- The winning entry will be selected at random. The promotion closes by 23:59 hrs on Monday 30th April 2018.
- One entry per Facebook login is allowed. There will be 4 prize winners.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Entries containing defamatory, malicious, threatening, indecent or other inappropriate content will be disqualified. The promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No applications from the promoter’s agencies, third parties, or organised groups will be accepted, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries, or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. No photo copies or printed versions of the entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be notified via messenger within 3 days of selection.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consented to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules. Your personal details will be retained only as long as is necessary for the administration of the promotion.
- The winners must claim their prize within 2 days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and country of residence of the Competition winner.
- The Promoter is Firefly Events Ltd, Marlow SL7 2BZ. Company number 10758422, in assocation with MyMarlow.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in line with the Competition requirements.