July sees a new Food & Drink Festival come to Marlow for the first time. We have now been given details by the organisers, Zoom Event – and it promises food, drink, music and fun, with 3 days of entertainment for the whole family.
The event will be FREE to enter, and will take place in Higginson Park
- 11.00am-8.00pm on Friday 13th
- 9.00am-8.00pm on Saturday 14th
- 10.00am-6.00pm on Sunday 15th.
Street food served from pop-up kitchens and artisan groceries will tempt the taste buds whilst a selection of craft beers, ales and ciders served from festival bars, as well as prosecco and wine will be available to quench the thirst.
In addition to the grocery stalls there will be stalls selling a variety of products including colourful artisan products and items for the garden!
At MyMarlow, we were pleased to see Marlow Cheese Company on the list of attendees, and nearer the time we will share the full list. Here’s a handful to get the idea of the sort of thing to expect….
- Real Greek – Food Pork or chicken souvlaki in a pitta bread with tomato, tzatziki sauce, onion and fries.
- Taste of Thailand -Thai Cuisine; including Pad Thai, Traditional Thai curries, Stir fries, Sweet and Sour dishes, along with Thai style fried noodles.
- Chilli Dogs – Chilli Dogs, Chilli Cheese Dog, Classic Hot Dogs, Nachos with Slow-cooked Beef Chilli (gluten-free), Nachos with Smoky Black Bean Chilli (vegan) (gluten-free). All served with choice of toppings e.g cheese fondue, fresh guacamole
- Passion du Fromage – Spanish saucisson, French cheese, Spanish wine and French cider, and more continental fine foods.
- Daise’s Kitchen – Traditional Portuguese and Brazilian food, pastries, empanadas, pies, cakes, cookies, frozen homemade traditional recipes, soft drinks from both countries. All very traditional.
- Tres Joli Colourful artisan products from Madagascar including various varieties of baskets and tableware
- Cook Spanish – Spanish ceramic cookware – Tajines cook pots etc. Patterned serving dishes spanish terracotta cookware serving dishes.
- and lots and lots more….!
All this can be enjoyed whilst listening to a great line-up of live music and relaxing in the seating area. Fairground rides and a fun chalk graffiti wall will feature all weekend ensuring there is entertainment for the little ones!
Sounds like this is definitely worth a visit (or 2 or 3!)
Event website: https://www.zoomevents.co.uk/marlow-food-drink-festival/
Traders: Interested in have a presence at the Festival?
They do still have some trader space at the Festival, although it is subject to availability as they try to avoid product duplication. They would welcome local producers, and those living within a 20 mile radius of the event would qualify for a 25% discount on their pitch.
They have a on-line booking process: https://www.marketsquaregroup.co.uk/core/eventdetails?id=339
It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the initial registration, and then a couple of minutes to apply for the event.