We planned to create a list of local food and drink venues taking part in the governments “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme – and have done so based on information we have received. In short, loads of places are signed up to the scheme – it’s going to be pretty easy to take advantage of this deal in Marlow!!
Some places may add extra offers, for example the The Ivy Marlow Garden has created special 2 and 3 course menus to offer even greater value! We will keep track of these, and update here as needed.
How does the Scheme work?
- The ‘Eat out to help out’ government initiative runs Monday to Wednesday each week in August
- Dine in (i.e. not takeaway) at participating venues and receive 50% discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks, up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner.
- No need for vouchers etc, the saving is simply taken off when you get the bill
- Use the scheme as often as you like
Where can we go to make the most of the deal?
The starting point for our listing has been the official scheme website which contains a handy list (https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/)
However, that list is incomplete in that in excludes most bigger chains registered at a group level etc, which can include some pubs part of larger brewery groups. So we also checked with venues directly where possible, and noted comments on their social media etc. We expect the list we need adding to in due course.
Check with venues as needed, and remember it makes sense to book at most places! We hope you manage to grab some great value meals!
Pubs registered for the scheme include…
- The Botanist
- The Britannia
- The Chequers
- Clayton’s Marlow
- Duke of Clarence
- The Marlow Donkey
- The Oarsman
- The Old Brewery
- The Prince of Wales
- The Royal Oak
- The Ship
- Three Horseshoes, Wycombe road
- The Two Brewers
Cafes and Restaurants include…
- The Bull Inn, Bisham
- The Coach
- La Cantina Del Vino
- Da Luca (although closed for well deserved holidays 3rd-18th August!)
- Giggling Squid
- Hand and Flowers
- The Ivy Marlow Garden – To mark the occasion, the team have been busy creating a new and bespoke set menu. Available all day from 11.30am Monday – Wednesday, guests can choose from either two courses for £30 or three for £35 before the offer is applied, and discover the delights of the brasserie’s crispy duck salad, mouth-watering roast beef fillet, or the infamous melting chocolate bombe.
- Kings Head, Little Marlow
- Marlow Bar and Grill
- Pizza Express
- The Queens Head, Little Marlow
- Suum Vietnamese Kitchen
- Starbucks Marlow
- Strawberry Grove