MyMarlow first reported on our social media in December 2020 that a new Turkish restaurant was opening where Bill’s used to be on West Street.
We can now reveal the name of the restaurant will be “Misya Meze and Grill”!
The group also has restaurants in Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City, so we have some idea of what to expect, and it looks good! Both these restaurant are very highly rated on Trip Advisor, with plenty of comments like ” Perfect service and 10/10 meal would highly recommend! Such a lovely vibe “ and “From the moment we entered everything was special. The welcome, the service, the drinks, the food were all fabulous.”
In their own words: “We are a family. We have established ourselves for more than 30 years in the United Kingdom. Our restaurants roots come from the Anatolia in Turkey. We are proud to have introduced the Turkish Anatolian culture to London 30 years ago.”
Both existing restaurants have very similar menus with…
- A wide range of hot and cold starters
- Kebabs (kofte, shish etc) and grilled meats
- House specials including KUZU GUVEC -Cubes of lamb, aubergine with mushrooms, grated cheese , onions, potatoes and peppers in a special tomato sauce.
- Fish dishes including SEA FOOD CASSEROLE – Fish, mussels, prawn, calamari cooked with special vegetable sauce.
- The MISYA FEAST “The most famous Turkish meal which will satisfy every plate, starting with various Turkish Cold Starters, Warm Starters fallowed by variety of Turkish Charcoal Grilled Fish and Selection of Kebabs Served with salad and rice”. That will do for us!!!
The Marlow website is in progress, but is at https://misyamezeandgrill.co.uk/
The Stevenage and Welwyn restaurants also seem to have stepped up during the Covid pandemic – with multiple deliveries of their food to hospitals , vaccination centres and suchlike 🙂
At MyMarlow we are really excited that the town will be getting something different from the existing local food outlets. We will be looking forward to sharing more news as we get closer to opening!