Recent updates since our last share on Social media
- Seed1 and Marlow Green – now operating separate deliveries, had previously been all handled via Seed1 – so we now have a separate entry for each
- Healthy Stuff – has been open throughput, now added to list. It’s easy to think it is closed if you pass by!
- Cook included – we realised not everyone knew they were open alongside other food stores.
- Four State– have always had online shopping, but we’ve now included them since they have introduced delivery of food boxes
- Sainsburys recently announced” From today, we are asking everyone to please only send one adult per household to our shops. This helps us keep people a safe distance apart and also helps to reduce queues to get into stores. Our store teams will be asking groups with more than one adult to choose one adult to shop and will ask other adults to wait. Children are of course welcome if they are not able to stay at home. “
- WH Smiths has now closed until further notice – this was handy for kids home school materials! But remember D&J news is still open for newspapers
- Maliks had been doing takeaway, but now closed the Marlow one. Cookham remains open.
News from Buckinghamshire Council
Its now ok to park without paying in ALL council run car parks, and also on SINGLE yellow lines etc, see our article for full details.
Bucks Council have created a Covid-19 “Community support hub” on their website, which basically covers 3 areas:
- Helping Others – how to help people who are self-isolating, and how to volunteer your services in general – there are online form to do this Click here for individuals, and here for businesses)
- Getting Help – how to look after yourself, or where to reach out to if you need help.
- Keeping you safe – Things to do for your health and wellbeing, guidance for families and educational ideas and activities for children
As you would presume, basically all events that bring people together are cancelled for the immediate future. Of the larger local events, looking further ahead:
- Marlow Market (the food one on the Causeway) is cancelled until further notice
- Marlow Town Regatta – postponed this year
- Marlow May Fayre – postponed this year
- Pub in the Park – rescheduled for later in the year
Food and Drink
As per current Government rules, only “Essential” businesses can remain open. Major categories include Supermarkets and food shops , Chemists, and Petrol stations . Hence Sainsbury’s, Marks and Spencers, Boots etc are open – with restrictions on numbers allowed in at any time. In addition local stores like Londis on Oak Tree road are open.
There are other categories, including food takeaway/delivery and others – which are the focus of our lists below:
Takeaway and Delivery of Food and Drink
On top of hand delivery of all orders including cleaning and laundry refills, from today we are launching a new food delivery service.
As before, orders can be placed online, over the phone or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 3 types of bag which we have put together, details are on our website under “Food Delivery” https://fourstate.co.uk/
Open 9.30-4.30. Cook Marlow has an army of volunteer drivers who deliver to anyone self-isolating, or vulnerable in any way. Call the shop for delivery 01628 617386 or Click and Collect online shop online.
Tony’s Grill bar – both vans, located in the Dean St Car Park and the Causeway are open in the evenings. Doner kebabs of course, but also chicken kebabs, burgers, chips. Fab food by the long established vans.
Fruit and Veg Home deliveries, please send your order on this email Marlowgreendelivery@outlook.com before 12:00 for next day delivery.
Free delivery in Marlow
Has opened as a deli shop (no coffee no cooked food).
Our opening hours are
Monday to Saturday 10:30am to 3:30pm.
We will sell different brands of pasta, rice, olive oil, olives, tomato sauce, pesto, charcuterie and cheeses plus a large variety of Italian wines.
Open for Indian Takeaway, but limited hours only: Thu- Sat 5.30-9.30pm. Menu etc here: https://www.tigergarden.co.uk/
The Crafty Taproom
Although we are closed you can still get the best craft beer delivered fresh to your door using our contactless delivery service of our 3 pint growlers, plastic 4 pint dispenser and large selection of cans and bottles. Visit our website craftytaproom.uk or call Phil on 07368576565 to place an order. (Also occasionally open for takeaway – check social for updates. )
Penguin Fish Bar
Open 5-9pm for takeaway and DELIVERY. To make it easier, you can phone your order in advance, and just pop in to collect. 06628 477271. Also licenced to sell alcohol, eg Rebellion beer. Click menu for full size image.
Offering home deliveries and click&collect (ordering by 2pm for collection next day between 3 and 5 from outside the shop) Delivery is free for NHS workers and the over 70s. From Seed1 You can get dry store stuff, cereals, herbs, spices, pasta, coffee beans, teas, grains, pulses as well as household cleaning and personal hygiene products.
Open for takeaway for provisions, mini meat hamper and “ready meals”, and they also offer FREE delivery on all this, PLUS on Fri/Sat only they will deliver hot food including fish & chips! Food choices are here: https://www.thebutcherstap.co.uk/ 50% off for NHS Workers
Suum Vietnamese Kitchen
In this difficulty time we have create a take away menu and frozen food.
Available to order from Thursday to Monday 12pm to 8pm. Menu available in our website.
We are also doing “Contact-Free” delivering with in Marlow. We will give you a ring 15 minutes before we arrive. When the delivery man arrives, he will place your order out side your door, then step back at least 1.5 meter and wait near by for your to collect it.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call us 01628 471110
Strawberry Grove cafe
Offering a contact free DELIVERY SERVICE of FRUIT, VEG, DAIRY & BAKERY BOXES, using quality produce from our own cafes. (Note that they are no longer delivering items from the menu, focusing on the boxes due to customer demand) ORDER ONLINE http://strawberrygrove.co.uk/delivery/
Da Luca (Marlow Bottom)
Amazing Italian food and pizzas…. available for takeaway OR delivery from 12pm till 2pm and 5pm till 9pm. Every day EXCEPT Monday. https://www.dalucarestaurant.com/menu/
Operating a “Contactless Drive Thru”, plus FREE local delivery https://www.rebellionbeer.co.uk/
Ciao everyone, we do home deliveries! Go to our web site select your food, pay online and we will deliver to your house ❤️ https://www.beccafico.uk/take-away-menu or 01628 613757
Selected Businesses still operating
Hunts of Marlow’s Hardware store is in the classification of Essential with regards to COVID 19, and thus is open. There will be controlled restrictions on entry for health reasons.
Standard working hours at the moment but could change anytime ( check door or window notices )
Mon -Saturday 8am until 5:30pm
Sun 9am -3pm.
Tel 01628 488228
D&J Newsagent on West Street
We are open at 5am as normal and closing at 1pm Monday to Saturday and 1200 on Sunday. We are happy to take new home delivery customers, providing a link with the outside world and easier for them to isolate as recommended.
are offering FREE online classes. They are running 3 a day, simply accessible on Facebook live: https://www.facebook.com/TheMarlowClub/
Following on from the announcement on the 23 rd March there is an exemption to allow bike shops to remain open .
We are still open and doing business in a “remote” fashion . In order to manage the staff and workload better we have reduced our days of opening so are no longer open Sundays for the time being. We encourage use of the phone for new bikes sales and to discuss repairs.
.Just to remind you that our website has lots of routes that you can look at and download if you need new inspiration for your
daily ride .
More detail coming next update on:
Maliks maybe reopened? 7-2-20
Oysters Fish and chips coming soon
Butchers Tap – stopped hot food
Strawberry Grove, now with Easter Eggs
Carvells still open