Marlow based start-up, Firefly Events Ltd, is running two open-air movie nights, set in the beautiful grounds of Culden Faw, in Hambleden. On Thursday 24 August, Top Gun, the 1986 cult film featuring Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis, will be screened. On Friday 25 August, it will be Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Both films are ideal for watching under the stars with friends and family (Harry Potter is rated PG and Top Gun is 12A so families are welcome)
Tickets are available via the seetickets website www.seetickets.com/
Each film will start at 8:30pm but the gates open at 6:30pm for all movie-goers to enjoy some music, tuck into some food and drinks and get settled down.
“The Barn” at Turville Heath will be supplying the food and will be serving some of their delicious signature dishes – goulash, homemade burgers and french fries.
There will be a bar serving a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks as well as sweets, ice-cream and popcorn. And to save queuing at the bar on the night, you can pre-order lager and prosecco and even order a blanket to snuggle up with via the ticket website.
Firefly Events is a start-up business, which has been set up by local entrepreneurs Alice Collins, Andrea O’Hagan and Janis Prescott. Firefly Events specialises in pop-up cinema – (indoor, outdoor and drive-in). Alice Collins, one of the co-founders said “We’re delighted to be running our own events this year. We love the location and we’re delighted with the film choice. It will be a great event and perfectly complements our business vision – to provide specialist pop-up cinema solutions to create a social, friendly, relaxed environment.”
*Win 4 Tickets in a MyMarlow exclusive competition!*
[EDIT 8-8-17 – Competition now closed!]
We are running a Facebook competition in conjunction to win 4 tickets to a film of your choice – simply visit our Facebook page, find the post and follow the instructions.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 on 24/08/17 and who are residents of the U.K.
- The winning entry will be selected at random. The promotion closes by 23:59 hrs on the 4 August 2017
- To enter simply like and comment under the post with your choice of film – either Top Gun or Harry Potter.
- There is one prize of four tickets (adult and/or child) for either of the events on 24 and 25 August worth up to £28 each to be won.
- One entry per facebook login is allowed. There will be 1 prize winner.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Entries containing defamatory, malicious, threatening, indecent or other inappropriate content will be disqualified. The promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No applications from the promoter’s agencies, third parties, or organised groups will be accepted, incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries, or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. No photo copies or printed versions of the entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be notified via messenger within 3 days of selection.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consented to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules. Your personal details will be retained only as long as is necessary for the administration of the promotion.
- The winners must claim their prize within 2 days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and country of residence of the Competition winner.
- The Promoter is Firefly Events Ltd, Marlow SL7 2BZ. Company number 10758422, in assocation with MyMarlow.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in line with the Competition requirements.