- Coopers is down on the industrial estate – just on the right before you get to the Marlow Club.
- We have already raved about their coffee – I mean, they roast their own beans on site for goodness sake!
- They are a popular lunch spot, an ideal spot for those working nearby – and the food is great.
Now.. they have recently moved to opening at weekends and on some evenings, initially Thu/Fri – but for December they are open Tue-Fri – click on the image here to enlarge the opening times.
We popped down for a meal yesterday evening and LOVED IT.
A refreshingly simple menu – 3 choices of starter and main, and 2 for dessert – we would have happily had any of them. To drink they have a small, well chosen wine list – and a decent selection of bottled craft beers, all with a paragraph of description on the menu. You can tell they have gone the extra mile to come up with choices a bit different from the norm. The staff were all friendly and knowledgeable – for example in the wine and beer choices.
- Mixed game and marinated prune terrine, plum chutney – truly delicious
- A tasty and filling Shepherds pie, which was served with the most amazing honey roasted root vegetables.
- A festive and so so good – Mulled wine poached pear, mince pie and ice cream.
The location – whilst ideal for local trade during the day, obviously suffers from a lack of passing trade in the evening. So, it will only grow and survive form word of mouth. This is happening, and we are happy to jump aboard and will keep promoting Coopers while it keeps doing what it is doing so well!
Check ’em out on Facebook… then pop down for a try!