New year, new look…
Marlow Carnival 2017 is on Saturday 16th September, and has taken place in Higginson Park for over 30 years – firmly established as a fun event for the whole family.
This year will see a fresh new look, and a number of changes – perhaps the largest being the reinstatement of the traditional procession through the town centre!
All-new Procession from 11.30am
A number of schools, scouts etc are taking part, and the theme will be “Come Follow the Band”. The procession will depart Holy Trinity School at 11.30am, passing along Wethered Road, Dean Street and Spittal Street and then onto the High Street for the walk down to Higginson Park, ready for the official opening at 12pm.
In Higginson Park from 11am
In short – lots to see and do, official opening at 12pm. Map is below, as included in the official program
A wide range of entertainments will be taking place on the Main Stage and elsewhere, and we have the full list for you right here!
- 12.00 CARNIVAL OPENING, JANE DOUGLASS YOUTH MOVES ,with CELEBRITY GUESTS
- 12.20 TARA DEAN
- 1.00 STAGECOACH
- 1.40 MAOS
- 2.20 SONGBIRDS CHOIR
- 3.00 RAZAMATAZZ
- 3.50 HALVER
- 4.10 PRIZE GIVING with CELEBRITY GUESTS
- 12.45 ROCKIN REBELS
- 1.20 SIR WILLIAM BORLASE STUDENTS TIM AND TALLULAH national Latin and Ballroom champions
- 2.00 ELITE DANCE ACADEMY
- 2.45 MARLOW SCHOOL OF DANCE
- 3.20 PHEONIX DANCE CREW
All workshops can be booked from 11am at the tent – spaces limited
workshops are 15-20 min long
- 12.00 REPTSMILES – REPTILES session 1
- 12.20 REPTSMILES – REPTILES session 2
- 12.45 – BABY COLLEGE session 1
- 1.00 Jane Douglass Fitness and Dance – minis workshop
- 1.40 RAZAMATAZZ
- 2.00 – BABY COLLEGE session 2
- 2.20 STAGECOACH
- 2.45 MINI FIRST AID
- 3.20 CBEEBIES STORYTELLING SESSIONS with Nisha Anil star of CBeebies & Maidenhead’s Professional Pantomime, Aladdin
Bus Stop Buskers
- 1.00 BILL MURPHY
- 1.30 TARA DEAN
- 2.00 MORGAN WOODS
- 2.30 ETHAN VIJN
- 3.00 – 3.15 LUCY TAYLOR
- 3.30 – 3.45 MARLOW TRAINING BAND
- 12.30 ONWARDS TRADITIONAL CHILDREN’S GAMES with Dave The Disco
- 2.15 ONWARDS LITTLE LEADERS ACTIVITY SESSIONS with Alastair Hill
Despite the changes, there will still be the old favourites attending, so we can also expect plenty of stalls, tombola, classic cars, children’s fairground rides and of course Marlow FM providing commentary and entertainment.
Nisha Anil from CBeebies and Sandra from Gogglebox are both staring in Maidenhead’s Professional Panto Aladdin this year.. but also will be special guests at Marlow Carnival!
Food and Drink
The Botanist will be attending with their new mobile bar “The Wanderer” serving up a selection of cocktails, Prosecco, wine and more. And a beer tent wouldn’t be a proper beer tent without Rebellion of course – with their superb line up of ales and the new lager.
The Oasis Tea Tent will offer soft drinks, cakes and hot beverages and the superb BBQ by Phil Bowditch returns – sure to be as popular as in past years!
Junior Baking Contest
There are 2 age groups for this fun contest: 4-7 Years and 8-14 Years, and to take part simply download an entry form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The children can bake a cake, cupcakes or even biscuits. Make the bake reflect the 2017 Carnival Theme – “Come Follow the Band”
Bring your tasty bakes along to the MCA tent by midday. They will be displayed throughout the day and judging will take place in the afternoon. There is a prize for first place in each category and one for the best effort of the day. See the entry form for rules.
You can visit the Marlow Community Association tent to place your bids on these great auction items.
• A Frog Balance Bike from Saddle Safari
• A Christmas Tukey from Phil Bowditch
• An Apollo Studios Photography Session
• A Puppy Training Course at Marlow Dog Training Club
• A Meal for 2 at Café Copia
• An Immortal Fitness – 1 month Bootcamp Membership with Food Plan
• A Brothers Hair Salon Voucher
• An Indian Feast for 6 From Cook
• An Emergency Call Out from Your Drains
• A Meal for 2 at Villa D’este
• A Tea Pot from Suzie Watson Designs
• A £200 Voucher for Angel and Rocket
• A Vanilla Pod Voucher
• 2 Family Tickets for the Aladdin Pantomime
And yet, there is more….
This years line up sounds so exciting, and we’ve tried to cover lots of it above – but there will be even more! It really sounds like there will be something for everyone, and a great community event deserving of support!
You can also keep up to date on:
Marlow Carnival is organised by Marlow Community Association who are based at Liston Hall. The event helps raise funds for the charity who manage and run the hall, which is owned by the towns people of Marlow.