Sunday Dec 1st 2019 will see this year’s Santa Fun Run event. All 3,000 places are sold out, but spectators and welcomed and encouraged along the route (see here)
Timings for the event
- 08.15 Costume collection from Higginson Park
- 08.50 Warm up with Naomi Richies and Marlow FM
- 09.25 Cheerleaders on the course
- 09.30 Race Starter, Naomi Richies
- As soon as the runners are away ‘Jam Theatre’ will entertain spectators in the High Street
- 09.50 (approxy) The first runners finish
- 10.30 (approx) Prize giving
The core route progressively impacts the following roads – and associated junctions:
- Marlow Bridge, High Street (closed 9.20AM to around 11.30AM).
- Spittal Street (closed 9.20AM to around 10.00AM)
- Glade Road (closed 9.20AM to around 10.30AM)
- Station Road, Dedmere Road, Fieldhouse Lane, Westhorpe Road and Wiltshire Road (closed 9.20AM to circa 10.30AM)
- Parkway (open throughout but drive with care)
- Fieldhouse Lane, Lock Road, Mill Road, Station Road, and back across the High Street (closed 9.30AM to circa 11.30AM).
Roads may open slightly earlier – dependent on runner progress.
The road closures have all been authorised by Transport for Bucks and Wycombe District Council. Statutory warning signs will be deployed and many affected residents and businesses will receive letters confirming the above detail.
Details can also be seen on www.santasfunrun.org