High Heavens recycling centre, up at Booker, SL7 3DJ is one of the local centres to reopen from Wed 6 May onwards. (9am-6pm)
In line with the “essential travel only” policy, journeys to these sites during lockdown are only to be made if waste cannot be stored for longer at home without causing risk to health or safety.
The following guidance should be read before visiting the site:
- You should only visit the site if you cannot safely store your waste at home.
- Residents will be asked for their proof of address. Only Buckinghamshire residents will be allowed to use the sites.
- There will be limits on the number of vehicles allowed on site to allow for social distancing. There may be delays accessing the site and possibly queues outside of the site.
- Social distancing measures are now in place, this also means no assistance for unloading can be provided.
- The permit system is still in place, but trailers will not be accepted at sites for the time being.
- Residents who are over 70 or shielding themselves, showing COVID-19 symptoms or are self-isolating should not visit Household Recycling Centres as per Public Health England guidance.
- Only one person per vehicle where possible.
The service will look and feel different to usual, and Bucks Council have listed answers to some likely questions here