A historic slice of Marlow available for Sale at the moment….Higginson House on the Henley Road was part of General Sir George Higginson’s home from 1866 to his death in 1927.
During this time he created a beautiful 20 bedroom house with parkland gardens extending down to the river. Sir George even had a canal constructed, joining the Thames opposite Bisham Church (more details at Marlow Society website)
He was a personal friend of King George V, and they are pictured here outside the house.
In 1952 the house was bought by a builder called Charlie Brown who paid £1,760 for the mansion and 10 acres of gardens!
Over the years parts of the land were sold off to create Pound Lane, Westwood Road and Harwood Road…and the original house, called Gyldernscroft was split in to 5 dwellings, and “Higginson House” is one of these, and currently on the market.
According to the sale details, in 2022 the kitchen at Higginson House was rebuilt to match the original brick and flint style of the main house. The whole property has now been fully refurbished to , and is on the market for £1.75m with Gemma at Mr & Mrs Clarke .
If you want more details click through to Gemma’s website: www.mrandmrsclarke.com/property/higginson-house-marlow