This page is maintained by Marlow Town Council – and is a resource to support Marlow based businesses, and to provide a summary of relevant government and council resources. If you have any comments or queries, please contact XXXX
- Buckinghamshire Council – Business Grants
- Buckinghamshire Council- food packs and medicines for the elderly and vulnerable
Business Grants from the New Buckinghamshire Authority
Buckinghamshire Council encourages any businesses that hadn’t applied yet to do so by visiting www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/businessgrant. The grants are available to all eligible businesses and, as they are grants and not loans, do not need to be repaid.
Most businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors, and businesses receiving Small Business Rate Relief or Rural Rate Relief will receive a grant as follows:
- Eligible properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or less will receive a £10,000 grant
- Eligible properties with a rateable value of more than £15,000 and up to £51,000 will receive a £25,000 grant
To be eligible for a grant, companies and traders must have been liable for business rates on 11 March 2020. If not, there is no entitlement to relief.
Buckinghamshire Council has paid out £38.3 million in coronavirus business grants to 2,900 small local businesses and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors*
* This was the number processed and paid by the end of the day on Tuesday 14 April.
For general information about business grants and full details of eligibility criteria visit our ‘Local support for businesses’ page at https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-business-support-hub/local-support-businesses/
Community Support from Buckinghamshire Authority
The library is a hub for food packs and medicines for the elderly and vulnerable. There are several local support groups which are being encouraged to register online for either the Bucks group or the NHS official groups. The coordinator is Jacqueline Ford
The registration links are as follows.
Employment support – Furlough, Self Employed and benefits
- Find out if you are eligible for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme here: CJRS page on www.gov.uk
- Find out how you can get support through the benefit system here: Benefits page on www.gov.uk
- HMRC new guidance on the Self Employed Income Support Scheme:
- www.gov.uk- claiming a grant
- www.gov.uk- how trading profits are calculated
- Note, people who have not submitted their Self Assessment tax return for the tax year 2018 to 2019, must do this by 23 April 2020 (the end of this week!) or they will not be able to claim. HMRC will aim to contact people by mid May 2020 if they are eligible for the scheme and invite them to claim using the GOV.UK online service.Alternative methods to claim for those who are not online will be available.
Businesses – government backed loans and grants
- For details on the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (up to £5 million), click here
- For details on the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (up to £25million), click here:
- For details of the Small Business Grants Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund, click here:
- For bespoke guidance from HMRC contact their hotline on 0800 015 9559