The gist , for regular participants
- Event takes place on Sunday December 3rd at 9.30AM
- Website now live https://santasfunrun.org/– and 3000 Santas Suits in stock
- Significantly reduced prices for early entries (prices increase on November 16th )
- Target is to raise over £60,000 from all sources for mainly local charities, and a record “Charity Pool” of £10,000 to be distributed to charities nominated by entrants
And all the detail:
The Rotary Clubs of Marlow regret to announce that the end of the Summer is sadly now in sight, and that the website is now open to runners (and walkers) taking part in the 19th Annual Marlow Santa’s Fun Run. The event takes place at 9.20AM on Sunday 3rd of December – with entrants congregating at Higginson Park, Marlow, from 8.00AM on the day.
This year the organisers wish to advise potential entrants that:
- Entries booked BEFORE November 16th will be charged £18 for each adult and £9 for each young person (5-17 years – no charge for under 5 years). (After this date the entry price increases to £25 per adult and £10 for each young person. (Additionally, Santa Suits can only be collected on the event day for entries made after this date).
- The popular “Charity Pool” is set at a new record £10,000 for the 2023 event. Any team entering and raising money for a favourite charity and raising £50 can secure an additional £50 for their charity. If the team raises over £500 the chosen charity should qualify for a share of the remaining “Charity Pool” balance (RULES APPLY)
- Entrants can organise teams to raise money for their own favourite charities – or to raise more money for Rotary selected charities.
The £10,000 “CHARITY POOL” has been made possible because of the fantastic generosity of a number of local organisations – specifically:
THE SHANLY FOUNDATION (lead sponsor)
SOFTCAT (core sponsor)
THE CLARE FOUNDATION
THE HEART of BUCKS FOUNDATION
BUCKS NEW UNIVERSITY
THE ACI GROUP
The event is ideal for families, friends, companies, clubs, schools, PTAs, Guide and Scout Groups, etc. And of course any charity team. Businesses in particular may choose to use the event to raise funds for their own in-house charity.
John Prout – Chair of the Marlow Santa’s Fun Run organising committee – says “We are really excited about the 2023 event. The Charity Pool created great interest since it was introduced in 2021, and with the help of key local supporters we have been able to set it at £10,000 this year. All of this money goes to charities chosen by entrants, and we encourage all local charities to think about entering a team. Last year a good number of PTAs entered
teams – and some ended up figures in excess of £1,000. Whilst rules do apply we quite simply want to give this money away!”.
He added: “We have had to raise our prices for the first time in around 8 years – but by booking before 16th November families and groups can avoid a more substantial increase. It helps us if you book early – and it helps you!”
The website is now open, and fully explains how the 2023 event will work. Entries can now be made at:
This years lead charities
This year the two lead charities are:
WYCOMBE HOMELESS CONNECTION
Wycombe Homeless Connection is well known locally and is a charity that helps people to find and retain a roof over their heads. Over the years they have made a real difference – but of course the challenges this year are perhaps greater than ever. For more information see: www.wyoc.org.uk
MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT
Macmillan Cancer Support needs no introduction and is admired far and wide. They have strong support in the Bucks and Berks area – and money raised here will make a difference to many local people just when they need it most. For more information see: www.macmillan.org.uk
Both charities do some fantastic things to help people going through very difficult times. But as always, a host of other charities – mainly local – will also benefit from the proceeds of the Run. As always Rotary distributes every single penny of the money raised from the Santa’s Fun Run.
For more event information visit: www.santasfunrun.org