On Saturday 29th Sep, Wycombe District Council arranged an open top bus parade between Wycombe and Marlow. It was a great event, and here are our best pictures from the day.
Were you there? We would love to add in more photos – especially from inside the park, or if different to ours. Please send them to email@example.com
The athletes on board were:
- Katherine Grainger (rower, lives in Marlow) – London 2012 Gold Women’s Double Sculls , following silver in Sydney, Athens and Beijing
- Greg Searle (rower, lives in Marlow) -London 2012 Bronze in the Men’s Eight, having returned from retirement- adding to a Gold from 1992 Barcelona and and Bronze from 1996 Atlanta.
- Ed McKeever – London 2012 Gold, Kayak 200m sprint- lives in Wooburn Green.
- Ian Rose, one of Great Britain’s most successful Paralympic Judoka- winner of 2 Paralympic medals- 2004 Athens Silver, and 1996 Atlanta Bronze. Ian missed out on 2012 due to injury, but was a torchbearer and played a prominent part in the opening ceremony.
- Craig Gibbons – High Wycombe born swimmer, competed in Men’s 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay
- Kevin Brooks – Team GB Swimming Coach, coaches Craig Gibbons – and also Head Coach at Wycombe District Council Swimming Club.
- John Worrall, born in High Wycombe – competed in Paralympic Sitting Volleyball
(Click on any photo for a larger version)