Marlow Business Festival (and fringe) 26-29 March 2020 – Four days of events, seminars, pop-ups and fun organised by Marlow Chamber of Commerce.
This March sees the launch of a brand-new addition to the Marlow Events Calendar. Organised by the Marlow & District Chamber of Trade and Commerce, the Marlow Business Festival is intended to celebrate all that’s great in our town, bringing business and community together!
One objective of the Festival is to be a promotion of local shopping. But not just shopping in the retailers and cafes of Marlow High Street – though they are key to our Town’s thriving centre. This brings together businesses from right across the Town – in all sectors and service areas. There is even a fun Scavenger hunt for EVERYONE to join in the fun with…
4 days of events…
The Festival will run from Thursday 26th to Sunday 29th March at various venues across the Town. The first two days are intended to bring businesses together for support, education and networking. The weekend dates are then all about fun and the community, with retailers, restaurants, cafes and clubs taking centre stage.
And around the edges, fringe events should help people to simply get to know each other better – with perhaps a bit of entertainment on the side!
For those with children, dogs or just a penchant for puzzles and competition, a Scavenger Hunt is being organised for the Saturday. A short series of ‘quests’ will take you for a tour round the big sights of Marlow at the same time as challenging your brain. And offer prizes for those who do best.
Events announced so far..
The timetable of events is evolving, and more is being added on a daily basis. Check out the Festival website for the latest: https://www.marlowchamber.com/bizfest
Below is an example of events lined up so far. Do get in touch with the Chamber if you have an idea for an event you’d like to get organised and added to this year’s Festival.
- Thu 26th : The Future of the High Street – A morning session on the challenges and possible future solutions for our High Street 8.00 – 10.30 am Danesfield House Hotel
- Thu 26th: Growing your Business – An afternoon programme on how to take a small or medium sized business to the next level.
- Fri 27th: The Future of Business – A morning covering the future consumer, sustainability and the plan for Marlow – Marlow Rowing Club Bar
- Fri 27th: Hearing checks – Complimentary hearing checks, from professional audiologists at the Help in Hearing drop in
- Sat 28th: Scavenger Hunt– Bring the family; tour the sights of Marlow, answering puzzles and collecting treasure as you go.
- Sun 29th: Awards & Closing BBQ – A for-the-fun-of-it get together for prize giving and to celebrate the best of the Festival, at Marlow Sport Club
Lesley James, President of the Chamber said:
“Ours is a thriving and diverse community of people and businesses. We believe we should celebrate that. At the same time as not only reminding people of the benefits of buying locally but helping people make connections with others they previously may not even have realised existed.”
Anyone interested in details of what’s happening should keep an eye on the Marlow Chamber website, like us on Facebook or hook up with our Twitter account. Interested businesses who are not yet members of the Chamber please do get in touch directly – via the website or message our Facebook page.