The organisers of Marlow Santas Fun Run have had many requests from dog owners
regarding participation in the 2020 event. As a result they are issuing the following advice –
aimed at offering a fun and Covid 19 compliant Christmas run or walk for you and your best
From the Santa Fun Run organisers:
We are suggesting that dog owners use public park areas over the 5 th and 6 th December –
and Higginson Park offers perhaps the ideal venue. So here are a few suggestions:
- First – you of course have to enter the Fun Run via www.santasfunrun.org. You
have to pay – but your dog (or dogs) – all go free!
- Once you receive your Santa outfit think about how to dress your dog similarly
- The event will take place at a time of your choosing on the 5th & 6 th December, and
of course you have to run or walk in groups of 6 or less. You choose how far – and
whether you run or walk. So get together with other dog owners to organise a
suitable time and meeting place!
- We understand photographers will be around for much of each day – to capture
the sights. You may even become famous!
- On the subject of photographs – also take your own. There is a competition and the
best pet photo will win £250 for your favourite charity. And if your photo is chosen
as the best photo of the overall event a further £500 will be added
- Details are on www.santasfunrun.org – and you enter there. Photos should be sent
to email@example.com and we will enter your photo into the competition.
(We will of course check that you actually entered the Fun Run!)
- Finally – why not raise further money for charity by setting up a Virgin Giving page
(details again on the website). Last year we raised £50,000 for charity – let’s see if
we can do it again this year.